Celebrating collaborative research and learning partnerships
For the second year in a row Landcom and UrbanGrowth NSW Development Corporation are delighted to invite you to Co.Lab!
Co.Lab is our annual research and learning showcase. It is a vibrant, exciting, action-packed one-day event where we share our research outcomes, learn, and exchange ideas about innovations in urban research. Join us to hear some of Australia’s leading researchers about smart cities, sustainable development, placemaking, urban design, urban agriculture, collaborative robotics and other exciting technological advances. Engage directly with our staff, academics, government agencies and industry partners who are working collaboratively on complex urban challenges.
Whether you are interested in affordable housing, smart infrastructure, urban design, social sustainability, or environmental research there is something for you at Co.Lab 2018.
The Co.Lab 2018 program is developed on the basis of the collaborative research and learning partnerships that we have progressed over the past year through our unique University Framework Agreement.
Our university partners include: Western Sydney University, the University of Newcastle, the University of Technology Sydney, the University of Sydney, the University of NSW, Macquarie University, Southern Cross University and the University of Wollongong.
Co.Lab 2018 also provides an opportunity to see and hear from primary, secondary and university students who have used our projects as the focus for their studies. We will also be highlighting our strong commitment to Vocational Education and Training through our Skills Exchange and VET in Schools programs.
So come along and join us at Co.Lab 2018! Register your place to be part of our unique learning experience.
Registrations to attend Co.Lab are now closed
A final program of Co.Lab 2018 presentations is available here.
Reflections on Place
- Bonney Djuric (Parragirls) - Parragirls Memory Project - Download | Watch
- Iva Durakovic (UNSW), Olivia Green (UNSW) - Interior Architecture Design Studio at Parramatta North - Download | Watch
- Dr Linda Steele (UTS), Fiona Yeh (UTS) - Understanding a Site of Conscience - Download | Watch
- Alicia Talbot (UrbanGrowth NSW) Reflections on Parramatta North Heritage Core - Download | Watch
Spotlight on Housing
- Professor Gerard Reinmuth (UTS), Dr Louise Crabtree (WSU), Dr Neil Perry - Creating the City We Want - Download | Watch
- Dr Janet Ge (UTS) & Professor Fetchi Rabhi - Predictive House Pricing Model - Download | Watch
- Janet Chappell (Landcom), Jennifer Gavin (Landcom) - Housing Indicators Tool - Download | Watch
- Professor Hal Pawson (UNSW), Dr Ryan van Nouwelant (WSU) - Affordable Build to Rent - Download | Watch
- Associate Professor Lan Ding Low Carbon Living (CRC) - Urban Heat Island Decision Support Tool - Download | Watch
- Professor Chris Pettit (UNSW) - Integrated City Planning using RAISE - Download | Watch
- Christina Silk (UNSW) - Exploring Urban Forests - Download | Watch
- Dr Abby Mellick-Lopes (WSU) - Cooling the Commons - Download | Watch
- Nicole Campbell (Landcom), Keryn Hassall (ANZOG) - Determining Landcom's Place in Western Sydney - Download | Watch
- Adjunct Professor Tony Veal (UTS), Associate Professor Awais Piracha (WSU) From Suburban to Urban - Download | Watch
- Professor Pascal Perez (UOW) - Connect City Data Hub - Download | Watch
- Alicia Pozniak (Govt Architect NSW) - Designing for Housing Diversity - Download | Watch
Food for Thought
- Ian Ritchie (UTS), John Dawson (UTS) - Bella Vista as a Foodie Destination - Download | Watch
- Jennifer Bowen & Year 8 students (James Ruse Agricultural High School) Facing the Future: Farm to Eco Village - Download | Watch
- Professor Donald McNeil (WSU) & Professor Chris Knapp (WSU) New Generation Workspaces - Download | Watch
- Dr Alana Mann (USYD), Dr Sumita Ghosh (UTS) - Growing Food and Density Together - Download | Watch
Innovation in Building
- Belinda Thompson (Landcom) - VET in Schools - Download | Watch
- Dr Laurence Kimmel (UNSW), Dr Pernille Christensen (UTS) & Anna Chubb (HCCDC) - Safe and Secure Public Domain - Download | Watch
- Navodana Rodrigo (WSU) - Carbon Neutral Land Development - Download | Watch
- Associate Professor Hank Haeusler (UNSW), Professor Kerry London (WSU), Dr Dagmar Reinhardt (USYD) - Collaborative Robotics - Download | Watch
- Lauren Kajewski (Landcom) - Landcom Healthy and Inclusive Places Survey - Download | Watch
- Joanne Jacobs (Disruptor's Handbook) - Hack4Cities Download | Watch
- Dr Irena Connon (UTS) Healthy Higher Density Living - Download | Watch
- Emma Clinton (UNSW) - New Boarding Houses - Download |
Regeneration of Place
- Professor Sueanne Ware (UON) - Power Plants - Download | Watch
- Dr Michael Cohen (City People) - Valuing Creative Placemaking - Download | Watch
- Associate Professor Hank Haeusler (UNSW), Dr Maria Vozzo (MQ) - Designing 3D-Bioshelters - Download | Watch
- Chris Vella (Cool Australia), Belinda Thompson (Landcom) - A Digital Resource for School Geography - Liveability and Creating Change - Download | Watch
A New View
- Sara Wilson (Kathy Jones Associates), Associate Professor Hank Haeusler (UNSW) - Community Engagement 4.0 - Download | Watch
- Jake Nicol (USYD) - Emerging Urban Innovations – US Study Tour - Download | Watch
- Emilie Baganz (WSU) - Valuing Diversity in Urban Renewal - Download | Watch
- Glen Halliday (Observatory Hill Environmental Education Centre), Jennifer Sweeney (Landcom) A Fieldwork Trip to Green Square - Download | Watch